Noname Book Club
an online/irl community dedicated to uplifting POC voices
Noname Book Club highlights one or two books each month written by authors of color. In addition to building community with folks across the country, NNBC also sends their monthly book picks to incarcerated comrades through their Prison Program. Started in 2019 by award-winning, poetic, down-to-earth rapper, Noname.
The book titles are announced on (or around) the first of each month.
- RSVP for the Denver meet-up on February 22nd here!
- On Wednesday 6:00-8:30 pm
- Hosted by Rick Griffith and/or Maria Mims
Well-Read Black Girl Book Club
a book club dedicated to Black women writers and Black women readers
Our goal is to introduce a cohort of diverse writers to future generations – contemporary authors who are non-binary, queer, trans, and disabled. To address inequalities and improve communities through reading and reflecting on the works of Black women.
- Last Tuesday of each month 6:00-8:30 pm
To receive an invitation please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hosted by Maria Mims
Design Book Club
A book club dedicated to Designers with a broad interest in design, and new discussions about design
Design is a big bite so we are looking at it across all the allied fields and disciplines.
This is a subscription of design books, artifacts, pamphlets, magazines, and other cool shit.
Join any time stay for 6 months
- Officially launching (for real) in January.
- To receive an invitation please reach out to email@example.com
- Hosted by Rick Griffith on Zoom every other month (Odd Numbered Months)
- Subscription boxes and books ship monthly.
We are not scheduling any author events at our location at this time.
Rick Griffith is participating or presenting at various conferences around the United States and Europe.
Market St. Art Market Hosted by Matter | Shop at MATTER | Design Complex
- We just wrapped our first-EVER holiday art market at the Annex, 2114 Market St., November 18th – December 23rd.
- There were 70+ Artists representing Denver’s super-diverse creative community (more than 90% BIPOC, LGBTQ+, Women, and People with Disabilities).
- If you are an artist wanting to pick up your work, come by 10-5 Monday-Saturday. Questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.