How to Get on With Your Colleagues
by The School of Life
An essential guide to navigating the complexities of professional relationships in the office.
An essential guide to navigating the complexities of professional relationships.
Often, the most difficult aspect of work has nothing to do with deadlines, promotions, or competition. It has to do with the immense and beautiful challenges of dealing, on a daily basis, with our colleagues.
The people we work with can encourage, support, and energize us, However, working successfully around others, whether virtually or in person, is neither intuitive nor simple. It requires us to communicate effectively, to understand our own blind spots and biases, and to empathize with another person’s perspective.
The School of Life has been working with organizations since its foundation, equipping employees with the emotional intelligence required to succeed. This book collects their learning into a series of lessons on workplace psychology. The result is an essential guide to harmonious, happier, and more profitable organizations.
- A PRACTICAL GUIDE to working successfully with our colleagues.
- FULL OF THOUGHTFUL EXERCISES AND ADVICE for working collaboratively.
- EXPLORES CHALLENGING WORKPLACE BEHAVIOR such as defensiveness, over-optimism, and immaturity.
- THOROUGHLY RESEARCHED AND CLIENT-DRIVEN informed by practical experience and research from The School of Life for Business who deliver in-house training for clients including: Facebook, The Financial Times, Google, Havas Media, Nike, and Sony Music.
- AN INFORMATIVE GUIDE for individuals and businesses alike.
Paperback | 160 pages | The School of Life | 2021
The School of Life is a London-based organisation built to help us find calm, self-understanding, resilience and connection – especially during troubled times. The School of Life Press was established to condense their learning into a collection of wise and considered texts. The titles are designed to entertain, educate, console and transform.