Queer: The Ultimate LGBTQ Guide for Teens
by Kathy Belge and Marke Bieschke
Teen life is hard enough, but for teens who are LGBTQ, it can be even harder. When do you decide to come out? Will your friends accept you? And how do you meet people to date? Queer is a humorous, engaging, and honest guide that helps LGBTQ teens come out to friends and family, navigate their social life, figure out if a crush is also queer, and challenge bigotry and homophobia. Personal stories from the authors and sidebars on queer history provide relatable context. This completely revised and updated edition is a must-read for any teen who thinks they might be queer or knows someone who is.
Lots of teens have questions about their sexuality. It doesn’t always feel clear-cut from the start. Have you ever asked yourself any of the questions below?
• I am a girl and I have a boyfriend. But I fantasize about kissing my best girlfriend. Does that make me bisexual?
• I think anyone can be sexy, regardless of gender. What does that make me?
• I am a girl and sometimes I feel more like a guy. Does that mean I’m transgender?
• I am a guy and I keep having dreams about my girlfriend’s brother. Am I gay?
• I don’t feel I fit into any gender box. What does this mean?
If so, you probably want answers. Well, here’s the good news: You don’t need an answer to this today. Don’t ever feel you need to rush when it comes to matters of sexuality or romance.
Zest Books TM; Revised edition | paperback | 208 pages
In stock (can be backordered)