The Steno is 6″ by 9″ with a black “Double-O Wiring” spiral at the top so it lies flat, open or closed. Inside you’ll find 80 pages of 70# “Bright White” paper Gregg-Ruled with a fine, soy-based application of “Double Knee Duck Canvas” light brown ink. The covers are 60 pt. “Super Duty Chipboard,” with a screen-printed 1-color application of “Dictation Smudge” black ink.
The inside covers provide a range of useful information, from the history of stenography and an abbreviations guide, to temperature conversions, planetary distances from the sun, a hobo symbol quick reference guide and more. Frankly, we wonder how we ever got by without one open on our desks at all times.
01. Proudly printed by the good people of Schneider Graphics, Inc., Bensenville, Ill.
02. Covers: Newark Paperboard Mills 60 pt. “Super Duty Chipboard,” with a thick, brute force, 1-color application of “Dictation Smudge” black ink.
03. Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 70# text “Bright White,” with a fine, soy-based, 1-color application of “Double Knee Duck Canvas” light brown ink.
04. Covers printed on an Advance Process Supply Cameo 34″ × 50″ flat bed screen press.
05. Innards printed on a 20″ × 29″ Heidelberg Speedmaster 74 with perfector.
06. Line spacing: approx ⅜” (8.5mm)
07. Bound with bombproof black metal Renz “Double-O” Ring Wire, with appreciation to U.S. Patent #2142816, filed in 1935 by W. Walter Grumbacher.
08. Bottom corners precisely rounded to ⅜” (9.5mm) with a Challenge two-head round corner machine.
09. Steno book dimensions are 6″ × 9″ (15cm × 23cm).
10. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
11. All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
12. UPC: 858493003059
Single Steno Pad | Gregg-Ruled | 6″ x 9″ | 80 pages