FN: 5E Gaming Journals
Character or Game Master 2-Packs
Hail, and well met, Adventurer!
We present thee with these Field Notes journals for the fifth edition of “the world’s greatest roleplaying game,” Dungeons & Dragons. With Character Journals for players, and Game Master & Monster / Encounter Journals for GMs, our 5E Journals cover all three D&D core rulebooks.
While our original Field Notes served us well for general map-making and note-taking, we were craving purpose-built books to track our progress. With some help from our more-experienced dungeoneering friends, we set out on an adventure to make the three best, most complete, most useful 5E role-playing and game-mastering journals available.
Our Character Journals are specifically designed to help you track your D&D character’s statistics, spells, weapons, treasure, history, and more. The 64 pages have room for all of the data normally found on a character sheet, and more, including plenty of space to document your adventure level by level.*
Each book in the 2-Pack is designed to track one character. Inside, you’ll find empty charts, tables, and spaces for logging the following character information:
- Race Details / Ancestry Details
- Personality Traits / Bonds / Ideals / Flaws
- Background / Backstory
- Class / Subclass / Class Table /
- Attacks / Spellcasting / Languages / Ammunition
- Spellcasting Table / Favorite and Frequent Spells
- Proficiencies and Skills
- Equipment / Money / Treasures
- Downtime and Leisure Activity Tracking
- Character Level Notes
- Allies / Hirelings / Sidekicks
- Faction Details
- Campaign Quotes and Notes
- Behind-the-Scenes / Thoughts / Theories
- Session Log
Game Master Journals
A good GM deserves a journal worthy of the tales they spin. Whether creating a magnum opus for a years-long campaign, or setting the scene for a series of smaller adventures, our Game Master Journal has you covered.
This Game Master Journal is the perfect companion for the big-picture world-building that so many GMs strive for. Whether using official sourcebooks or homebrewing your own lands for your party to explore, the Game Master Journal is a book no GM should be without.
Inside each Game Master Journal you’ll find empty charts, tables, hex grids, and spaces for logging the following campaign information:
- Campaign Name / Players
- House Rules
- World Overview / Principles
- Core Assumptions / Genres
- Major Pantheon / Minor Pantheon
- Maps / Kingdoms / Settlements / Locations
- Key NPCs / Secondary NPCs
- Player Characters
- Major Factions / Minor Factions
- Key Monsters
- Key Magic Items
- Downtime Activities Underway
- Milestone / XP Awards
- Random Tables
Monster / Encounter Journals
Whether plotting a major campaign or simply prepping a one-shot game night, every encounter is worth considering in detail, and every encounter needs a memorable foe. This book aims to help with both!
The front half of each book features space to design 15 challenging and unforgettable encounters. The second half of each book gives you ample space to create 15 unique and completely original monsters. Inside each Monster / Encounter Journal you’ll find:
- Encounter Building Tips
- 15 spreads for Encounter Design
- Monster Building Tips
- a Monster Creation table
- 15 spreads for Monster Design
Field Notes Quality, Dungeon-Tested
Each 2-Pack includes two “Note Book”-sized Character Journals or Game Master Journals, 4-3/4″ x 7-1/2″, with French Paper Co “Pop-Tone” 100# covers printed with “Hell Hound Black” ink, featuring handy data, tables, and diagrams for reference. The body pages are beefy Domtar Lynx Ultra Smooth 70# text with clear-but-subtle “Adventuring Bindle Light Brown” ink.
* Again, to be clear, these are not plain paper note books, they are specifically formatted with empty charts and tables for 5E fantasy roleplaying.
01. Each Character Journal (2 per pack) is designed for a single character. Each Game Master Journal (2 per pack) is designed for a single campaign.
02.Proudly printed and bound by the good people of Active Graphics, Cicero, Ill., and Able Printing Services, Berwyn, Ill.
03.Cover: French Pop-Tone 100#C “Wild Cherry” (Character Journals) or “Grape Jelly” (Game Master Journals) or “Blu Raspberry” (Monster/Encounter Journals) with a brute force application of “Hell Hound Black” soy-based Saphira inks.
04. Innards: Domtar Lynx Opaque Smooth 70#T “White” with a fine application of “Adventuring Bindle Light Brown” ink.
05. Cover and innards printed on a Komori Lithrone S40 40″ 6-color offset printing press.
06. Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher.
07. Corners rounded to a 1/2″ (12.7mm) radius on a Thompson Platen Press by Intra-Cut Diecutting, Chicago, Ill.
08. Dimensions are 4-3/4″ × 7-1/2″ (121mm × 191mm).
09. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927).
10. All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
11. Special thanks to Will the Wondrous, Eric the Esteemed, Nate the Notorious, Ben the Benevolent, and Wally the Witty for their contributions to these Gaming Journals.
12. FN-CJ UPC: 858493003882, FN-GMJ UPC: 858493003912, FN-MEJ UPC: 850032279024
2 books per pack | Charts & Tables Paper | 4¾” × 7½” | 64 pages each