The Art of Insubordination
How to Dissent and Defy Effectively
by Todd B. Kashdan
A highly practical and researched-based toolbox for anyone who wants to create a world with more justice, creativity, and courage.
For too long, the term insubordination has evoked negative feelings and mental images. But for ideas to evolve and societies to progress, it’s vital to cultivate rebels who are committed to challenging conventional wisdom and improving on it. Change never comes easily. And most would-be rebels lack the skills to overcome hostile audiences who cling desperately to the way things are.
Based on cutting-edge research, The Art of Insubordination is the essential guide for anyone seeking to be heard, make change, and rebel against an unhealthy status quo. Learn how to:
- Resist the allure of complacency
- Discover the value of being around people who stop conforming and start deviating.
- Produce messages that influence the majority–when in the minority.
- Build mighty alliances
- Manage the discomfort when trying to rebel
- Champion ideas that run counter to traditional thinking
- Unlock the benefits of being in a group of diverse people holding divergent views
- Cultivate curiosity, courage, and independent, critical thinking in youth
Filled with engaging stories about dissenters in the trenches as well as science that will transform your thinking. The Art of Insubordination is for anyone who seeks more justice, courage, and creativity in the world.
Hardcover | 288 pages | Avery | 2022